Planning a Trip through Florida’s Regions: An Integrated Unit
This integrated unit includes everything needed to research a trip through Florida’s regions. The journal project integrates Florida geography, map skills, addition, and narrative writing. The regions include South, Central, Gulf Coast, Northeast, and Northwest Florida.
Students select two attractions to visit in each of the five regions. By the end of the project, students will write 10 journal entries, map of their route around Florida, and add a log of their mileage.
Short “advertisements” for 5 attractions in each region are provided. Teachers will not need any outside resources unless they want to substitute alternate materials.
This product includes:
– Teacher Directions
– Student Project Directions, Checklist, and Rubric
– 25 Attraction/Advertisement Cards (5 per regions)
– Map of Attractions for each region
– Title Cards for each region
– Mileage Charts
– Blank pages for journal entries in both single page and double page versions:
– Journal Page with lines
– Journal Page with lines and photograph
– Mileage Pages
– Florida Maps with and without city locations
– Cover Page
The attraction cards and mileage charts print nicely in both grayscale and color.
The teaching duration will vary depending upon how the teacher uses the project.
A standards covered page has also been added to the resource.
Please see the preview for even more information and pictures of this product.