Florida’s Environment: How do people affect Florida’s environment? Paired Passages & Informative/Explanatory Writing
This is a set of three leveled paired passages or texts with multiple choice and short answer or response comprehension questions, as well as an extended writing prompt. The included texts are non-fiction. These texts can be used as:
– close reading
– social studies lessons
– reading comprehension
– paired passages with an extended writing piece.
The extended writing prompt provided is for informational/explanatory writing.
Targeted reading levels are 4th – 6th (Lexile low-700s – mid-900s).
This product is designed to help students practice for state reading and writing tests such as FSA or MACS.
Teachers can choose how to use this product. The three leveled texts can be used together for paired passages or could be used separately.
In order to differentiate, the leveled passages are provided at three different reading levels:
Level A – Low, 4th Grade
Level B – Medium, 5th Grade
Level C – HIgh, 6th Grade
What is included in this product?
1. The Everglades: An Endangered Habitat Passage – in 3 levels
2. Ecotourism: Everyone Wins! Passage – in 3 levels
3. Florida’s Decreasing Water Supply Passage – in 3 levels
4. 6 reading comprehension and 2 short response questions for the The Everglades: An Endangered Habitat Passage
5. 6 reading comprehension and 2 short response questions for Ecotourism: Everyone Wins! Passage
6. 6 reading comprehension and 2 short response questions for Florida’s Decreasing Water Supply Passage
7. Answer Key for all questions
8. Florida’s Environment Extended Writing Response – to be used one – three passages.
9. Standards Covered by this Product
10. Testing Cover Page
11. Testing Bubble/Answer Sheet
12. Informative Writing Rubric
13. Final Essay Blank Writing Paper
Please see the preview for even more information and pictures of this product.