Are you struggling to cover all your standards due to a lack of time? Are you mentally drained by attempting to integrate standards to teach your students everything they need to be successful?
Save your time and energy with this bundle. I’ve combined language arts and social studies standards for you to use in your 4th, 5th, & 6th grade classrooms.
Why You’ll LOVE This Bundle
This year-long integrated bundle completely combines social studies with language arts.
There are seven thematic units that cover the following for social studies:
- U.S. Geography
- Native Americans
- Colonial America
- American Revolution
- U.S. Government & Civics
- Westward Expansion (through the 1860s)
These seven units cover the following language arts standards:
- Informational Reading
- Narrative Writing
- Opinion/Argumentative Writing
- Informational Writing
- Speech & Language
Each thematic unit has five student-friendly resources:
- Flipbooks – these social studies units are included in 3 versions: flipbooks, folded books, and individual lessons. The units include both texts and activities, as well as a summative test.
- Paired Passages – The paired passage sets include 3-4 texts connected to the overall topic and an overarching writing prompt. Each passage is included on 3 levels: 4th, 5th, & 6th grades. Reading comprehension tests are also included. These units can also be used as practice for state writing tests on evidence-based writing.
- Writing Units – The units focus on different types of writing: narrative, informational, opinion/argumentative, and research. Each unit is unique, so students will complete a wide variety of writing activities. Units are print and go. To cover Speech & Language standards, teachers can have students present their research.
- Exit Tickets – Use these quick-checks as formative assessments during the unit. They can also be used to spiral information throughout the year.
- Clip Cards – This easy review can be used in a center, as an early finisher activity, or even sent home for extra practice. The cards review the key information learned during the unit.
Answer keys are included where needed.
– BONUS – Reading & Writing Lessons include teaching tips to help you use them effectively.
Save Time Lesson Planning
Do you scratch your head when it comes time to plan your lessons? Check out this FREE curriculum map! The resource breaks down standards by marking period and gives a week by week view of ELA and Social Studies activities.