Colonial America Digital Interactive Notebook Unit
This resource is a Colonial America DIGITAL Interactive Notebook for upper elementary. The file is 180+ pages long and includes a complete answer key and three-unit assessments.
Please note, this unit includes the same activities as my best-selling Colonial America Interactive Notebook, but these graphic organizers are digital. Teachers may want to use both versions with students to meet different needs.
Digital pages can be used without cutting or gluing. The graphic organizers can also be printed to use as note sheets. The answer keys can also be printed for students with IEPs requiring written notes.
There are 58 colored graphic organizers, and those same organizers are also included in black and white. The answer key is included, and it is written on the black and white organizers so that teachers can print them for students with printed notes in their IEPs.
Three assessments are included in Google Forms: a unit quiz, a map quiz, and a unit test. The assessments are also included in the pdf, so teachers can choose which one to use.
The topics and questions are not editable. The answers in the answer key are editable, so teachers can edit them to fit the resource or textbook they have.
The organizers have text boxes placed on top of them, so they are ready for student use.
Topics covered in this product include:
– Essential Questions Prompts
– Early English Settlements
– Compare and Contrast Activities
– New England, Middle Colonies, and Southern Colonies Chart & Map
– The Puritans
– King Philip’s War
– Buy a House Activity
– Choose a Colony Activity
– Life in the Colonies Activity
– Governing the 13 Colonies
– Comparing Colonial Governments to Today’s Governments Activity
– Market Economy Activity
– Economies of the 13 Colonies
– Trade between Colonists and Native Americans Activities
– Daily Life in the 13 Colonies
– Benjamin Franklin
– Education in the 13 Colonies
– Recreation in the 13 Colonies
– Introduction of Slavery – Cause & Effect Activity & Sequencing Activity
– Triangular Trade Routes Activity, plus map of Africa and Europe
– Rise of Slavery in the 13 Colonies – Cause & Effect Activity
– Slavery’s Role and Impact in the 13 Colonies
– Enslaved Africans’ Effect on American Culture
– Vocabulary Flashcards
– Quiz & Chapter Test
Please note that content is not included. In this file are graphic organizers and activities to help your student organize his or her civics notebook. On the graphic organizers are topics and/or questions to guide him/her.
If teachers need written texts for their students, my Colonial America Flipbook covers the same time period.
How to Get the Files
Teachers will obtain the file by using links in a pdf file. Clicking those links will take teachers to a webpage that will have them make a copy of the original files in their Google Drive. Please make sure you are logged into the Google account when you click the links, as it will copy the files to whatever Google account you are logged into at the time.
The files can be downloaded and moved to Microsoft One Note or another online platform.
Teachers have permission to post the images online for their students on a password-protected site.